All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings with ISBN. The best papers will select for submission to Springer, a prestigious publisher that has published selected articles at Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) series (citescore 0.8 Scopus; SJR 0.16-Q4 Computer Science)* in the fourth previous conference editions.
In addition, authors of selected articles will be invited to extend their contribution to be submitted for publication in special issues of the following journals:
- Sensors (open access journal published by MDPI, citescore 5.8 Scopus–Q1; SJR 0.8–Q1 Analytical Chemistry, Q1 Instrumentation; JCR 3.487–Q2 Instruments & Instrumentation, Chemistry, Analytical, Engineering, Electrical & Electronic),
- Sustainability (open access journal published by MDPI, SJR 0.612–Q1 Geography, Planning and Development, Q2 Renewable Energy, Sustainability and the Environment, Q2 Energy Engineering and Power Technology; JCR 3.889–Q2 Environmental Sciences, Environmental Studies),
- Applied Sciences (open access journal published by MDPI, citescore 3.0 Scopus–Q2; SJR 0.44–Q2 Computer Science Applications, Engineering, Instrumentation; JCR 2.838–Q2 Engineering, Physics, Environmental Studies),
- Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments (citescore 6.5 Scopus; SJR 1.36–Q1; JCR 7.632–Q2 Energy & Fuels, Green & Sustainable Science & Technology), published by Elsevier,
- Revista Facultad de Ingeniería Universidad de Antioquia (citescore 0.8 Scopus–Q2; SJR 0.16–Q4; JCI 0.17–Q4 Engineering),
- SN Computer Science (recently indexed in Scopus), published by Springer Nature,
- Urban Science (open access journal published by MDPI, currently indexed in ESCI, JCI 0.56–Q2 Geography, Q3 Environmental Sciences, Regional & Urban Planning, and it is tracked for JCR).
Publications of selected articles will be free of charge. At least 40% of original content is required in the extended version.
*Updated SJR and JCR impact factors (2022)
All manuscripts must be original and not be simultaneously submitted to or in consideration for another journal or conference. Manuscripts written in Spanish, Portuguese, or English are considered for presentation in the congress. The maximum length is 15 pages, and the maximum ﬁle size is 5 MB. Authors should consult authors’ guidelines by Springer and use the proceedings templates (LNCS/CCIS), either for Latex or for Word, to prepare the manuscripts.
Those who are interested in submitting their papers to the congress should use the Springer Templates available on:
Authors can present their papers in Spanish, Portuguese, or English. The paper should not exceed 15 pages, and the ﬁle size should not exceed 5 MiB.
Access EasyChair and submit the completed form with the ﬁnal paper.
A partially completed copyright form should be completed and signed by the corresponding author of each paper on behalf of all of the paper’s authors.
PAYMENT of the REGISTRATION FEE for ARTICLES
There are three options for the payment of the registration fees for each accepted article:
Electronic payment system (credit/debit card or payphone) of UCUENCA-DEC.
Cash payment at the conference venue
Four categories are available: poster, proceedings, CCIS-Springer, and journal. You must select the corresponding category, according to the decision by the Technical Program Committee.
Authors must follow the payment procedure for each article accepted for the congress. The system does not allow paying for several articles in the same transaction.
OPTION 1: Electronic payment
Step 1 – Registration
First, register an account on the UCUENCA platform, using the link: https://educacioncontinua.ucuenca.edu.ec/wp-login.php?action=register
Information in fields marked with asterisk [*] is required. An email will be sent with a confirmation message. Please, click the first link in the email for activation. A password must be set to complete the registration process.
Step 2 – Category selection
Select the category for the payment, according to the accepted article.
The available categories are:
Click on the link for the corresponding category.
Step 3 – Payment
The price for the selected category will be displayed on the right (Fig. 1). Click on the “Agregar al carrito” [Add to cart] button. In the new window, click on “Pagar y Matricularse” [Pay and Enroll]. Enter the username and password defined in step 1. Check the box “No soy un robot” [I am not a robot] and click “Acceder” [Access]. Finally, in the new window, click on “Pagar” [Pay] (Fig. 2).
Step 4 – Enter billing Information
Enter the information for billing. Then, click on the “Realizar pedido” [Place Order] button.
Step 5 – Select payment method
Available payment methods are credit/debit card or payphone. Fig. 3 shows the billing information form (left) and the selection of electronic payment method (right). Enter the information in the corresponding option and click on “Pagar” [Pay] or click on “Continuar” [Continue] (Fig. 4).
Once the process is finished, Universidad de Cuenca will validate the transaction and send a confirmation message, together with the payment invoice to the email address provided in the billing information.
*Please send a copy or screenshot of your payment confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com. Thanks in advance.
Options 2 and 3: Bank transfer and on-site cash payment
The author must register the billing information to receive a SWIFT code for the bank transfer or to pay cash at the conference venue. Information in fields marked with asterisk [*] is required.
Register on https://forms.gle/zgwoxTjPktb2NLJs6
Once the register has been completed, the author will receive instructions by email. All communications regarding the payment will be sent by email.
*Please send a copy or screenshot of your payment confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com. Thanks in advance.
Organizing Committee ICSC-CITIES 2022